Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Europe on a shoestringis your passport to having big experiences on a small budget, offering the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, what hidden discoveries await you and how to optimise your budget for an extended continental trip. Tour French chateaux, take boat trips to Greek beaches, hike past Bulgarian monasteries and glug Spanish wine; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Europe and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Europe on a shoestringTravel Guide:
- Budget-oriented recommendations with honest reviews- eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Extensive planning tools and budget calculators
- Highlightsand 1-3 month itinerarieshelp you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tipsto save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential infoat your fingertips- hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Cultural insightsgive you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, art, literature, cinema, landscapes
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Over 200 maps
- Covers Austria, Belgium, Britain, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Montenegro, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Scandinavia, Serbia, Spain, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine and more
- First Time Europe, Big Adventures Small Budget, Off the Beaten Track, Border Crossing, Splurge, and Responsible Travel
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Europe on a shoestring, is perfect for staying within a budget when taking a longer, multi-country trip, yet still getting to connect with the cultures and explore both top sights and roads less travelled.
- Looking for suggestions from a wider range of prices for a shorter, multi-country trip? Check out Lonely Planet Europefor a comprehensive look at all the continent has to offer.
- Looking for just the highlights? Check out Discover Europe,a photo-rich guide that focuses on the top experiences.
- Looking for just a few of the destinations included in this guide? Check out the relevant Lonely Planet destination guides, our most comprehensive guides that cover both top sights and offbeat experiences, or check out our photo-rich Discoveror Best ofguides, which focus on destinations' most popular attractions.
Authors:Written and researched by Lonely Planet.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travellers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.